Thanks for Visiting!

Thanks so much for visiting my little invisible corner of the digital world. I'd love to make a few friends, so feel free to comment anywhere, even just to say hi.

Much love,

-Hailey-

Monday, October 22, 2012

From a Parent's Eyes

I really liked this article by the parent of a transgender child.  It's short, and leaves a lot to be said, but I think it captures a lot of the reality.  Anger, sympathy, frustration, love...

I am of course, the only me there is, regardless of what is on the outside. But then, even I view people so strongly through the lens of gender... I relate to men differently than I do to women (I don't really understand the men...), and so does everyone else.  Changing over is hard on people, isn't it.   I don't think our minds are really well adapted to it... it's certainly been hard on my own, and I'm very sympathetic of myself. =)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspaper/opinion/ct-perspec-1012-transgender-20121012,0,2914538.story?page=1


and while I'm at it, lets add this one too. Very different.  How I can relate... though my personality as a kid was very different... the same stuff, just on the inside.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/09/mother-of-trangender-child-shares-her-familys-journey/

No comments:

Post a Comment