Thanks for Visiting!

Thanks so much for visiting my little invisible corner of the digital world. I'd love to make a few friends, so feel free to comment anywhere, even just to say hi.

Much love,

-Hailey-

Saturday, December 15, 2012

A poem for my friend


So I have a friend now, as I mentioned, and she's already meant the world to me.  For all the emotion I normally have to bury for other people's sake, I now have a "secret" tunnel.  So when I saw the season's first snowflakes, falling, hidden, amidst the rain, today, I was inspired, doubly.  We two will always have to weather some storms... its what being made trans* means, in this world, at this time.  But in all storms, there are rays of hope, and help to be found.

To my friend, a woman who has been hope, and help, to me, though the storm rages on.


For My Friend

The night our life in darkness shrouds
  hiding hopes and tainting dreams.
  When dark fogs snuff the starlit gleam,
You’re the shimmer in the clouds

Troubles ours, many sorrows shared
   but burdens lessened by the sound
   of loving songs; kind words, profound.
For hope, it seems, our souls are paired.

So cold the wind may blow again,
  pouring down a grey sky’s tears.
  When life stings cold; aching cares,
You’re the snowflakes in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment